Saturday, April 2, 2011

Universe in a Brain Cell

 The universe is us, we are the universe. 
All is divine, the divine is all. 
As above, so below.

Fascinating to see that the human brain cell looks uncannily similar to a simulated picture of our entire universe! One is micrometers wide; the other spans billions of light years. Yet a pattern is retained. There is a correspondence between the great and little worlds. 

Seeing the microcosm in the macrocosm helps us to shift our perspective. We are part of a much larger whole. We are all made of the same divine substance. Those we share this spinning planet with are in fact our true brothers and sisters! Silly us, how could we forget? 
"Emergence"                                                                                              B Upton
You are a reflection of me, I am a reflection of you. The same divine light that shines at your inner most core, shines at mine. 

You are my sister, my brother: I am your sister. I believe these are the truths awakening in millions of us on our "small blue dot". May we have faith and courage to do the work that is asked of us in our collective quest for a better world.



I painted "Emergence" a few years ago, before seeing either of the other two pictures. I was striving to represent the divine mystery and deep beauty of our universe... and of ourselves!
 
Blessings of the Very Small and the Very Large!

4 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Beautifully put, my sister!

Barbara Upton said...

Thank you my dear. May I ask what your name is? Don't want to call you BANG!

Badass Nature Girl said...

LOL, most on blogger refer to me as "BNG", but my name is Heather. I follow your group on Facebook too, but I have a different picture of myself there :o)

Barbara Upton said...

Thanks Heather! Glad you are on the Waking Planet Facebook page too- I too show a different side on my personal FB page. Still trying to figure out how to blend them!